Reservation Policies & House Rules
- Room rates are for double occupancy. Only 2 people per room. Exception is made for baby cribs. Some rooms may have the option of a third person but that must be indicated through booking.
- There is a minimum 2-night stay for long weekends. (Guests are advised to check for rooms with 1 night availability.)
- We welcome weekly, monthly and seasonal stays. Please contact us for a quote.
- Room rates do not include breakfast.
- Must be ordered at time of booking
- Continental Breakfast is charged as an Extra @ $10 per person
- Hiker's Breakfast has additional protein and is charged as an Extra @ $12 per person
- Full Canadian Breakfast can be provided for groups of 6 or more at $16 per person charged as an Extra @ $96
- A deposit of 50% is required to secure a reservation. We accept most credit cards and Interac e-transfer
- The balance is payable upon arrival and is automatically charged to the credit card provided unless advised otherwise by the guest.
- For reservations made within 7 days prior to check-in, the full amount is processed with the booking.
- Summer (May - Oct) between 2:00 pm and 8:00 pm
- Winter (Nov - Apr) between 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm
NOTE: Guests are required to provide their approximate arrival time when booking.
- Late arrivals (after 8:00 pm) must be pre-authorized.
- 11:00 am
- Should alternate times be necessary to accommodate your activity, please let us know at time of booking.
Our 12-hour Cancellation Grace Period with no penalty is in place as a courtesy should a guest change their mind within the first 12 hours of making a reservation.
Reason for a Cancellation Policy: Small inns and bed & breakfast establishments, have only one of each bedroom and, once booked and secured with a deposit, that bedroom is blocked off and held for the guest who has booked it. The bedroom then becomes unavailable to anyone else who wishes to book it. Therefore, a cancellation, depending on the timing, usually results in lost revenue for the establishment and the closer it is to the date of the booking, the less likely it is that that bedroom will become booked at all.
- For cancellations occurring less than 7 days prior to the reservation - there are no refunds and the full amount of reservation is payable.
- For cancellations occurring 8 to 21 days prior to the reservation - the deposit is not refunded but is applied to a future stay.
- For cancellations occurring more than 21 days prior to the reservation - the guest is entitled to a full refund of their deposit less a $30 administration fee.
In all cases, should the canceled room(s) become rented, then the more than 21 days policy applies.
Exceptions are always considered in extenuating circumstances.
Cancellations of group bookings are treated as special cases and handled on an individual basis.
GROUND LEVEL bedrooms have private entrances/walk-outs to patios and full access to the ground level Common Area.
UPPER LEVEL bedrooms are standalone bedrooms and use the main entrance only. These bedrooms are not connected to the Common Ayrea and, depending on the use of the Gound Level suite, may have limited or no use of Common Area or patios.
House keys, room keys and access codes are provided on an as-needed basis. Keys and codes are for the limited use of the registered guest. A $30 fee will be charged for unreturned keys.
FACECLOTHS, TOWELS, BED LINENS
All facecloths, hand towels, bath towels and bedding is provided but they are white. We ask that caution be taken in their use as makeup, ink, food, wine, etc. cause stains that cannot be removed.
Since we are on a septic system, using anything but the toilet paper we provide is strictly prohibited - NO napkins, paper towels, q-tips, tampons, paper wipes (even flushable) .
We discourage the use of single-use plastic water bottles.
As much as possible, outdoor shoes are to be left in the front foyer.
Garbage / recyclables / returnable cans & bottles must be separated in bins provided.
All lights, fans, heaters and other electrical appliances are to be turned off when leaving a room or vacating the premises. When checking out, guests are required to take a final check.
AND ...For the health, safety and comfort of all of our guests, the following house rules prevail ...
We are animal lovers, but, in order to protect the house and grounds and for the health, safety and comfort of all our guests, we have a NO PETS Policy
We are a 100% smoke-free facility and we strictly maintain our NO SMOKING Policy which disallows smoking of any kind anywhere on the premises, patios, grounds or wooded areas adjacent or close to the house; therefore not within a 75 ft. radius of the house.
We reserve the right to monitor this rule and impose a fine for non-compliance.
We require all of our guests to refrain from using perfumes and other fragrances while on the premises.
NO CANDLES OR OTHER INCENDIARY PRODUCTS
Burning of candles and all other incendiary products is strictly prohibited inside the premises. Please feel free to use candles on the patios, lawns and garden areas.
NO EXTRA COOKING APPLIANCES
We do not allow extra appliances or cooking devices to be brought into the premises.
KITCHENETTE USE IS LIMITED to the preparation of small non-imposing meals and light snacks. Because the Common Area is shared, guests are required to clean up after themselves using shelves and cupboards to store the food items.
COMMON AREAS & SHARED PATIOS
Guests are asked to keep areas tidy by clearing tables and counters and placing chairs and pillows back into position for other guests' use.